Our right to keep and bear arms has always been under attack but until December 14, 2012, it was on the back burner. After the attack at Sandy Hook, our 2nd amendment became the biggest news headline pushing more important things to the back burner like the Bengahzi investigation/cover up. The attack on our 2nd amendment has all but made Sandy Hook and Adam Lanza disappear, the only time you hear about them is when Obama and other liberals refer to them as a reason for more gun control.
Most responsible gun owners have engaged in a vocal campaign to their elected officials demanding that our right to keep and bear arms not be infringed, myself included. I have sent numerous emails to Sen. Rubio, Grayson, and Nelson. Sen. Rubio has stepped up and defended the 2nd amendment, Sen. Grayson and Nelson not so much. Another weapon against gun control that I have employed is the NRA. I joined as an easy pay life member. I should have done this years ago but for various reasons I didn't. The important thing now is that I am a member and my voice will be heard. I encourage anyone who is not a member to join NRA here.
More recent news is a planned armed march in Washington DC. While I understand why Adam Kokesh is doing this, I feel that it is not in our best interest. I don't think it will have the desired outcome and may actually be a setback for gun rights. On the other hand though, it will be a lose situation for our government as well because they will be denying citizens not just one but two rights, the 1st amendment and the 2nd amendment. If Kokesh and his limited supporters went unarmed, they would likely meet little resistance. The fact that he intends to go fully armed to a location where it is illegal to carry firearms to do a "peacefull" protest though is counter productive and will not end peacefully.
I support now and always will, the right to lawfully own and carry firearms. I do not and will not support any politician that does not support the second amendment 100%. I will not relinquish my guns. I do not fear our government, it is our responsibility, our duty, to make the government fear us.
I will end this blog with a few quotes:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny."
-- Edmund Burke
And finally, one of my favorites:
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
-- Thomas Jefferson.

No comments:
Post a Comment