Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Good news

The good news is that the threat of an "assault weapon" ban has been downgraded. Second amendment win

With this win, hopefully the cost of AR15's will drop to a more affordable price (pre Sandy Hook) and ammo will be more abundant.

We had a gun show this past weekend in central Florida that I attended with the hopes of finding a good deal on an AR15 but those hopes quickly diminished. They had some cheap rifles for a little over $800 but they were exactly that, cheap rifles and I didn't like them. I contimplated for a couple of hours and returned several times to the booth but couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of hard earned cash on something I didn't like just because there was a threat of them being banned. I am glad I held off on that purchase and now hopefully over the next couple of weeks, the prices will drop. The only thing I ended up buying from the show was a new case for my Mossberg. I couldn't even find an IWB holster that I liked, I guess I'll have to order one online.

Speaking of ordering online, about a month ago I ordered a 7 round mag for my XDs and I recieved it today. I don't really like how the gun looks with the extended mag and since I haven't recieved my CCP yet, I don't know how it will affect the concealability of the pistol.

I own 2 Springfield handguns, an XD40 that I purchased about 3 days after returning from Iraq and an XDs .45 that I purchased last month. I really like the XD line of pistols but I'm already thinking about my next purchase and I'm considering a Glock just to see what all the hype is.

Here I am shooting my XD40 at dusk

Here I am with my XDs and my brother with our mother's Sig

No comments:

Post a Comment